You can help area waterways for as long as you own your home.
Storm water runoff does not go to a wastewater treatment plant.
It flows directly into our streams and rivers.
There are many ways you can reduce polluted runoff.
• Keep trash, leaves and grass clippings off streets and out of storm drains, streams and rivers.
• Keep cars tuned up and repair leaks.
• Properly dispose of hazardous wastes.
• Don’t pour oil, pesticides, paint or other materials down the storm drain.
• Minimize the use of pesticides, fertilizers and de-icing materials.
• Pick up and bury or flush pet wastes.
• Wash your car on the lawn or use a commercial car wash.