New Four-Day Residential Garbage Collection
- The four-day residential garbage collection began June 12, 2017.
- Residential garbage collection routes and collection calendar dates have changed for some customers.
- Garbage must be set out at your collection point by 6:00 am on your scheduled collection day. Garbage may be set out the evening before your collection day.
- Garbage collection employees will work four, ten-hour days Monday-Thursday, from 6:00 am until 4:30 pm.
- No collection on holidays. Garbage collection will be delayed one day throughout the remainder of the week.
- Curbside Recycling pickup will remain the same, on the five-day recycling schedule.
- 2017 New 4-Day Garbage Collection Routes and Calendar
- View Interactive Garbage Collection and Recycling Map
- View Curbside Recycling Collection Calendar
- Frequently asked questions.
Christmas Tree Collection
- Christmas trees will be picked up on the regular scheduled collection day
- Christmas trees will be picked up at the regular collection point
- Remove lights and decorations
- Apartment Complexes should set Christmas trees by the dumpster for collection
Waste Collection Standards
- Ashes must be in a box and not in trash cans
- Branches must be less than four feet long, tied in bundles and weigh less than 50 pounds
- Dumpsters at apartment sites must be free of snow and ice
- Dumpsters must not be blocked by parked cars or other items
- Garbage is collected once a week
- Garbage containers may not be stored on the boulevard
- Garbage must be bagged
- Garbage must be light enough for one man to lift
- Garbage must be placed within 3 feet of curb or alley
- Garbage must be set out by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day
- Private garbage containers cannot exceed 35 gallons
- Regulations for City Issued Waste Containers
|Box Springs and Matresses||Electronics||Rocks|
|Building Material||Furniture Items||Sod|
Apartment Dumpster Rental Fees
Please email or call us at 701-355-1700, option 1, if you need a container for multiple unit apartment buildings, condos, and townhouses.
Commercial Garbage Haulers
Persons with a waste collection franchise granted by the Board of City Commissioners may collect garbage, rubbish or other solid waste from mobile home parks and locations other than residences and city facilities and convey such materials to the city landfill.
Garbage fees are included on your monthly water utility bill
$13.00 per month per single family and 2 unit residential structure (per unit)
$2.00 per month per commercial account (landfill maintenance fee)
$4.07 per month recycling for all city residents with individual waste collection (per living unit)