Residential Garbage Collection
- Garbage must be set out at your collection point by 6:00 am on your scheduled collection day. Garbage may be set out the evening before your collection day.
- Garbage collection employees will work four, ten-hour days Monday-Thursday, from 6:00 am until 4:30 pm.
- Holidays: No garbage collection on designated holidays. Garbage collection will be delayed one day throughout the remainder of the week
- It is unlawful for any person other than the owner or other authorized person, to remove any refuse material from the solid waste container, storage area, or collection point of another or from the city disposal grounds.
- Garbage Collection Routes and Calendar
- View Interactive Garbage Collection and Recycling Map
- View Curbside Recycling Collection Calendar
- Frequently asked questions
Waste Collection Standards
- Ashes must be in a box and not in trash cans
- Branches must be less than four feet long, tied in bundles and weigh less than 50 pounds
- Dumpsters at apartment sites must be free of snow and ice
- Dumpsters must not be blocked by parked cars or other items
- Garbage is collected once a week
- Garbage containers may not be stored on the boulevard
- Garbage must be bagged
- Garbage must be light enough for one man to lift
- Garbage must be placed within 3 feet of curb or alley
- Garbage must be set out by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day
- Private garbage containers cannot exceed 35 gallons
- Proper disposal of sharps
- Regulations for City Issued Waste Containers
|Box Springs and Matresses||Electronics||Rocks|
|Building Material||Furniture Items||Sod|
Apartment Dumpster Rental Fees
Please email or call us at 701-355-1700, option 1, if you need a container for multiple unit apartment buildings, condos, and townhouses. Click here for dumpster rental fees.
Commercial Garbage Haulers
Persons with a waste collection franchise granted by the Board of City Commissioners may collect garbage, rubbish or other solid waste from mobile home parks and locations other than residences and city facilities and convey such materials to the city landfill.
|Per Living Unit||$13.00|
|Recycling (per living unit for all City residents with individual waste collection)||$4.23|
Will be applied to all Commercial Accounts or on Mixed Use properties when garbage service is not picked up for the residential living units on the property. Each residential living unit will have the landfill fee applied if the Mixed Use property has a commercial garbage hauler under contract with the commercial entity on the property.
Christmas Tree Collection: January 2-11, 2018
- Remove all lights, ornaments, and stands from the tree.
- Make sure the tree is not wrapped in any plastic or placed inside a plastic bag.
- Christmas trees will be picked up on the regular scheduled collection day
- Christmas trees will be picked up at the regular collection point
- Apartment Complexes should set Christmas trees by the dumpster for collection
- A separate truck will collect the Christmas trees to be recycled.