Recycling Drop Off Sites
What is single-sort recycling?Single-sort recycling refers to a system in which all papers, plastics, metals, glass and other materials (see list below) are mixed together in one container for collection, no sorting needed.
Special Instructions for Recyclables
- All aerosol cans must be empty.
- All fiber must be dry and free of food debris and other contaminating material.
- All glass containers must be empty.
- All plastic containers must be empty.
- All tin cans, bi-metal cans, and aluminum cans must be empty.
- Tissues, paper towels or other paper that has been in contact with food is not acceptable.
Single-Sort Recycling Drop Off Sites
Single-Sort Recycling Drop Off Sites Map
- Ash Coulee Road Water Tower, west of Washington Street North
- Kmart Parking Lot on west side of building 2625 State St, Bismarck ND
- Bismarck Landfill - only available during hours of operation 2111 N 52nd St, Bismarck ND
- Dan's Supermarket on NE corner of parking lot Century Ave and Centennial Rd (3103 Yorktown Dr, Bismarck ND)
- Bismarck Public Works parking lot, NW corner of employee parking lot 601 S 26th St, Bismarck ND
- West Arbor Ave. west of S. Anderson St., Bismarck ND (parking lot west of Parks Dept. Maintenance Building)
- MDU Resources Community Bowl 1500 Edwards Ave, Bismarck, ND (located on the west end of the Bismarck State College campus)
- Lions Hillside Park, N 17th
Streetand Ave F
- Cottonwood Park parking lot at Santa Fe Ave and South 12th Street
- Site Closed: Billings Drive, just south of Reno Ave
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Cartons for food and beverages products
- Cereal boxes
- Glass food and beverage containers – brown, clear, or green
- Old corrugated cardboard
- Paper for printers and copiers
- Paper without wax liners
- Plastic bottles, containers, tubs and lids #1-7
- Shredded paper should be placed in paper bag and stapled closed
- Telephone books
- Tin/Ferrous (Iron) cans
Materials not accepted, include but are not limited to:
- Coat hangers
- Contain dry cell batteries of lead acid batteries;
- Contain chemicals or other properties which are deleterious or capable of causing material damage to any part of Contractor’s property, its personnel or the public.
- Contain excluded materials defined as any waste tires, radioactive, volatile, corrosive, flammable, explosive, biomedical, infectious, bio-hazardous, regulated medical or hazardous waste, toxic substance or material, as defined by, characterized or listed under applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations, or other waste not approved in writing by Contractor.
- Glass cookware/bake-ware
- Household items such as cooking pots, toasters, etc.
- Light Bulbs
- Microwave trays
- Plastic bags
- Plastics unnumbered
- Polystyrene- foam cups, plates, or packaging
- Syringes or sharps
- Window or auto glass